Office Of Research , Innovation And Commercialization
Objectives of ORIC-SSUET
• To Establish and Run an Innovation/Incubation center to promote and support different researcher/students/entrepreneur for the commercialization of their MVPs and to transform their technology-based business ideas to reality.
• To Create Partnerships with the research communities to build a culture of high achievements in research collaboration at both national and international level.
• To Avail research funding around the world for different research projects. To facilitate, encourage and promote researchers/PhD. scholars/faculty members of the university to compete nationally and internationally in the various calls of funding.
• To Conduct and Arrange workshops, seminars, competitions, symposiums and conferences for the university students and faculty members.
• To Engage and Motivate faculty members and students to increase their research publications at national and international scholarly forum. To strengthen research process, knowledge creation in the academic circle and increase the quality of research output. Also to encourage participation in multi-disciplinary research initiatives
Vision of ORIC-SSUET
ORIC will create an outstanding climate of support for the university students and faculty enabling an entrepreneurship culture and a continuous advancement process in research and technology transfers.
Mission of ORIC-SSUET
The mission of ORIC is to create and manage entrepreneurship culture and to facilitate and enhance the university’s research programs by linking research and technology based innovation activities directly to the educational, social and economic priorities of the university and to facilitate the commercialization of innovative ideas through the linkages of industry and academia.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
IEEE Student Branch
For the first time IEEE student branch has been launched in SSUET in collaboration with ORIC. Under this branch, IEEE Computer society, IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology society have also been opened in Computers and Biomedical Engineering departments. And 5 more societies are in process to be opened in Telecom, Electronics and Electrical Engg. Departments.A nation-wide IEEE Biomedical chapter has also opened from Sir Syed University platform. That is Pakistan chapter of IEEE-EMBS.Under these societies and chapters, around 50 IEEE members have already been made, including students and faculty members. These IEEE members are enthusiastic and are fully involved in planning multiple activities at SSUET