Sir Syed University of Engineering & Technology will offer following degree programmes:
1. BS in Electronic Engineering
2. BS in Computer Engineering
3. BS in Civil Engineering
4. BS in Telecommunication Engineering
5. BS in Biomedical Engineering
6. BS in Electrical Engineering
7. Bachelor in Architecture
Minimum Eligibility 60% in H.SC.
8. BS in Computer Science
9. BS in Software Engineering
10. BS in Bioinformatics
11. BS in Information Technology
Minimum Eligibility 55% in H.SC.
- With combination of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics eligible for all Programmes.
- With combination of Physics, Mathematics and Computer Science eligible for Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering & Information Technology.
- With combination of Physics, Chemistry and Biology eligible for Biomedical Engineering.
- With combination of Physics, Mathematics & Chemistry / Biology / Computer Science eligible for Bioinformatics & Architecture.
- D.A.E in relevant discipline with 60% - eligible against reserved seats.
- Grace Marks will not be considered to determine eligibility.
Acceptance of admission form does not guarantee admission, which is made on the basis of merit and availability of seats.
Keeping in view the “Aligarh Spirit” the admissions are open to all purely on merit basis, irrespective of caste, creed, colour, culture, religion, sex, domicile or nationality.
The candidates will have to indicate their choice of discipline in order of preference on the Application Form. (Form I). (Attached with the Prospectus)
Admission in each discipline will be offered to candidates in order of merit and order of preference of discipline indicated by the candidates.
Few seats are reserved for diploma holders of relevant technology in all the disciplines.
Students clearing the University Aptitude Test and electing Architecture will have to be assessed through Drawing Test and Interview conducted by the University.
Rejection of Application
The University can reject any application or cancel/withdraw any admission of a student without assigning any reason.
Addition of 20 marks will be allowed to Hafiz-e-Quran on production of a Certificate from Wifaq-ul-Madaris Arabia Pakistan. This addition will be considered for determining merit of the candidate. This will not affect the criteria of marks for accepting of admission form.
An oral test will also be conducted for Hifz-e-Quran.
Employment / Simultaneous Enrolment
The programme leading to B.S. Degree is a regular full time day programme and no student admitted in this University shall be allowed to engage himself in employment or maintain simultaneous enrolment in any other courses of studies in other Educational Institutions. Violation of above may lead to cancellation of admission.
Submission of Application for Admission
1. Candidates for admission must submit their Applications neatly completed in all respects. The Prospectus and Application Form (Form-I) can be obtained from the prescribed branches of Banks on payment of Rs. 3000/-.
2. The candidates applying for admission must attach attested copies of the following:
a. Matriculation (SSC) Marks Sheet./ O-level Marks Sheet.
b. Intermediate (HSC) Marks Sheet/A level Marks Sheet.
c. Copy of CNIC of Candidate or parent in case it has not been issued to candidate.
3. Original documents should not be attached.
4. Application Form, and the documents attached with the Application Form shall not be returned.
5. Incomplete Applications shall not be considered.
6. The Application shall be rejected in case the candidate is found guilty of suppression or misrepresentation of material facts. In case at any stage it is found that the documents on the basis of which admission was granted are forged /tampered, the admission will be cancelled and the fee paid shall be forfeited. The University reserves the right for legal action also.
7. Selected candidates for admission will be informed of their selection by post. The names of all selected candidates will also be displayed on the University Notice Board and SSUET website.
Note: * Application form may also be submitted online. For this purpose, please visit the official website of SSUET www.ssuet.edu.pk
Selection of Candidates
The candidates eligible for admission shall be selected for admission on the basis of selection criteria formulated by the Admission Committee. The selection criteria shall be based on written aptitude test, performance in previous examinations, strictly on merit.
An Aptitude Test will be conducted equivalent to the standard of Intermediate Science (HSC).
The sample test papers of the previous aptitude tests are available at the Burj Bank University Branch.
Candidiates opted Architecture as 1st, 2nd & 3rd choice are required to appear in Architecture drawing test / Interview.
The Admission Committee will process the applications on the basis of merit as determined by the applicant's previous academic record, his/her performance in the Aptitude Test.
Different weightages are assigned to these selection criteria as detailed below:
Matriculation (SSC) Marks 10%
Intermediate (HSC) Marks 40%
Aptitude Test 50%
For applicants possessing B.Sc. Degree the marks of B.Sc. shall be considered if these are better than marks obtained in Intermediate (HSC).
Mode of Admission
1. Candidates selected for admission are required to pay the fee in the Bank indicated in the prescribed Challan, copy of which is to be submitted along with the following documents (in original) for registration with the University at the Reception Counter of the University.
a. Medical Fitness Certificate (Form II)
b. Registration Form (Form III)
c. Application Form for Enrolment (Form IV)
d. Application for Identity Card (Form V)
e. Personal Data Form (Form VI)
2. The admission is liable for cancellation and fee paid by the candidate for forfeiture, should the candidate be found guilty of suppression or misrepresentation of material facts at any stage. The University can further debar him from seeking admission in the University and its affiliated Colleges / Institutions.
3. Should a candidate fail to take admission as required under para (1) above and does not join his/her class on or before the specified date, his/her seat will be declared vacant and will be filled up from the candidates on the waiting list.
Appeals in Cases of cancelation of admission due to submission of forged documents
Candidates, whose admission are cancelled from the University on account of submission of forged documents, at the time of their admission in this University, may file appeals against such orders with the Vice Chancellor of the University, within 15 days from the date of Notification along with a fee of Rs. 500/- (refundable in case the appeal is upheld).
Obtaining Photo Copies of Documents
According to the Rules of the University the following documents of the candidate admitted in the University shall be retained by the University, as long as the student remains on the Rolls of the University. Before returning the documents its copies attested by the Registrar shall be retained for University Records.
1. HSC. (Pre-Engg/Pre-Med) Examination Marks Sheet and / or Marks Sheet of qualifying Examination in original.
2. Migration Certificate in original if applicable.
3. Photostats of all other documents required by the University.
The Photostat of the required documents can be provided to the candidate on submission of application on the prescribed form on payment of Rs. 50/- each of a document on the notice of 7 days subject to availability of the documents.
Commencement of Academic Session
The academic session 2017 will commence as per Academic Calendar shown in Prospectus.
Admission Processing Charges
(Once Only & None Refundable)
Pakistani Students Foreign/Pakistani Students abroad
Rs. 25,00 $1,500
Pakistani Students Foreign/Pakistani Students abroad
Tuition Fee (First year) Rs. 115,000 $6,500
Examination Feee (Per annum) Rs. 6,000
Enrolment Fee (Once Only) Rs. 3,000
Foreign/Pakistani Students abroad (Fees structure in subsequent years):
Expatriate Pakistani Students: They shall pay in Pakistani Rupees the same amount, which is paid by local students of their batch.
They shall pay every year US.$2200/= as tuition fees and all other fees including examination fee etc.
- Students Activities (Per annum) Rs.1,600
- Membership of Duty Society(Per annum) Rs.500
- Membership of Book Bank (Per annum) Rs.1,200
- Network Infrastructure Development Charges (Per annum) Rs.2,000
Security Deposit (Once only, Refundable) Rs. 5,000
- The Security Deposit is against breakage and/or any other damage caused by the student and is payable at the time of admission in the University. This deposit or such balance as may be available out of it shall be refunded to the student whenever he/she ceases to be student of the University.
- All fees are payable through bank draft/pay order (Payable to Sir Syed University of Engineering and Technology, Karachi) or through cash in the banks to be prescribed by the University.
* The fee Structure is valid for the academic session 2017.The University has the right to make necessary revision in the fee structure as and when it is deemed appropriate or necessary.
Refund of Fee
- If a student applies to leave the University up to 7th day of convene of classes full (100%) fee will be refunded.
- If a student applies to leave the University from 8th -15th day of convene of classes half (50%) fee will be refunded.
- From 16th day of convene of classes no fee (0%) will be refunded.
- Request from passed out students for refund for their security deposit amount must be submitted to University within a period of 12 months from the date of passing out / convocation of respective batch. After the given period no request for refund of security deposit will be accepted by the University.
In deserving cases scholarships are likely to be available on the basis of merit and need as prescribed from time to time.